Watch this brief video on how to get started: Digital License Setup
You can also download this helpful infographic at the bottom of this page:
Your district, school or other organization designated you as a setup administrator for a subscription that includes one or more of these programs:
- Second Step Elementary and Second Step Middle School digital programs
- Second Step Bullying Prevention Unit online training
- Second Step Child Protection Unit online training
You'll need to assign a site to each license before it can be used. By default, you’re also the first license administrator and can manage user access, see progress reports and access program content.
How do I set up my licenses?
Assign Site (School or Organization):
- Log in to your account on secondstep.org.
If you don’t have a Second Step account, create one using the email address noted in your setup administrator email. Click Create Account and complete the User Profile. Click Submit and then login. (You don’t need a Kit Activation Key.)
- On your Dashboard click License Management.
- Under the Unassigned Licenses tab, click Assign License to assign a site to each license.
The form should pre-populate with the school or organization you selected in your profile.
- If this school/organization selected is correct, go to step 4.
- If you want to select a different school/organization, use the dropdown menu (down arrow) to change the necessary fields and search for school/organization where the license will be used.
- If you don’t find your school/organization listed,
- Check to see if the schools are in cities different from the district and from each other.
- Otherwise scroll to the bottom of the dropdown menu and select “My school is not listed” and enter your school name where indicated.
- Check the boxes in front of these two statements:
- Click Assign License.
- Repeat Steps 3 to 5 until all licenses have been assigned.
- Under the Assigned Licenses tab, click Manage Users to add users to each license. If someone else will be adding users or serving as your backup, be sure to assign them as a license administrator.
Ready to give staff access to Second Step Elementary and Second Step Middle School digital programs or to Bullying Prevention Unit or Child Protection Unit online training? Click here.
Ready to teach Second Step Elementary and Second Step Middle School digital programs or to access Bullying Prevention Unit or Child Protection Unit online training? Click here