Watch this brief video on how to get started: License Setup Tutorial
You can also download this helpful infographic at the bottom of this page or by clicking here:
Your district, school or other organization designated you as a setup administrator for a subscription that includes one or more of these programs:
- Second Step Elementary and Second Step Middle School digital programs
(Second Step K-8 license)*
- Second Step Bullying Prevention Unit online training*
- Second Step Child Protection Unit online training*
- Second Step SEL for Adults**
You'll need to assign a site to each license before it can be used. You're also the first license administrator* or site leader** and can manage user access, see progress reports and access relevant program content and/or online training.
How do I set up my licenses?
Assign Site (School or Organization):
- Log in to your account on secondstep.org.
If you don’t have a Second Step account, create one using the email address noted in your setup administrator email. Click Create Account and complete the User Profile. Click Submit and then login. Ignore the Kit Activation Key box as it is only needed for classroom kits.
- On your Dashboard click License Management.
- Under the Unassigned Licenses tab, click Assign License to assign a site to each license.
The form should pre-populate with the school or organization you selected in your account profile.
- If this school/organization selected is correct, go to step 4.
- If you want to select a different school/organization, use the dropdown menu (down arrow) to change the necessary fields and search for school/organization where the license will be used.
- If you don’t find your school/organization listed,
- Your school may be listed under a different city than the one you are searching in. Check to see if the school is in a neighboring city.
- Otherwise scroll to the bottom of the dropdown menu and select “My school is not listed” and enter your school name where indicated.
- Check the boxes in front of these two statements:
- Click Assign License.
- Repeat Steps 3 to 5 until all licenses have been assigned.
- On the Assigned Licenses tab, click Manage Users to add users to each license. If someone else will be adding users or serving as your backup, be sure to assign them as a license administrator* or site leader**.
Ready to give staff access to Second Step Elementary and Second Step Middle School digital programs or to Bullying Prevention Unit or Child Protection Unit online training? Click here.
Ready to get started with Second Step SEL for Adults? Click here.
Ready to teach Second Step Elementary and Second Step Middle School digital programs or to access Bullying Prevention Unit or Child Protection Unit online training? Click here.