In order to access digital programs or online resources for physical kits, you will need to have an account at SecondStep.org. Creating an account is simple. The following will guide you through the process.
When you go to SecondStep.org, you will see a box inviting you to "Go to My Dashboard" (where you will go to login once you have an account) or "Create Account." Click "Create Account."
On the page that comes up, you will enter your email address. When you click "Continue" you will be asked to create a password. You must use at least eight (8) characters. If your account is associated with a single-signon (SSO) by your organization, you will see a button to login with that system.
You will then need to enter your First Name and Last Name and then select the following from the lists provided - some boxes open after you start the process:
- Job Title (select from list)
- Country (default United States)
- State or Province (some countries may skip this step)
- School (if you do not see your school, select "My School is not Listed" at the bottom of the list and type your school's name in the box that opens)
When you click Submit, you will be logged in and taken to your Dashboard.
Your Dashboard is the home page for your account.
If you are new and do not have any digital licenses associated with your email address, you will see a window that invites you to add an Activation Key to access online resources for a physical product (A) or connect to a digital license (B). The second and third images below shows a Dashboard associated with a digital license.
1) Dashboard with no active programs. Note - if you believe you should have access to a digital license, please contact your school leadership. If you still can't connect, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (800-634-4449 Option 1.
2) Teacher (lesson facilitator) view with active digital license (you will need to Create a Class to see K-8 materials. but not for SEL for Adults)
3) Administrator view with user management and reporting on the righthand side.
Congratulations - you are ready to go!