SecondStep.org won’t load, what can I do?
Troubleshooting: If you can’t access our Second Step® website or specific content on our website won’t load, take the following steps first before contacting us. Often one or more of these steps will resolve the issue.
- Clear your web browsing history. Sometimes old information remains in your browser’s history that causes websites to have trouble loading. This article from the University of Iowa has instructions on how to clear the cache and cookies from all the major web browsers: https://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/719.
- Check your computer’s time setting. If your computer’s clock if off by more than five minutes, our website won’t authenticate your login. If your time is incorrect, reset the clock.
- Some clocks are controlled by district IT administrators, so you may need to contact your IT department if you can’t correct the time on your computer’s clock.
- Try a different web browser. Sometimes, even after clearing your browser’s history, you just need a clean slate. Try signing in with a different web browser. We recommend Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- If you’re using a bookmark or a link you received from a colleague, try logging in directly from secondstep.org. Sometimes web addresses change. Sometimes a link you received from someone was only intended for their use. Try starting fresh at www.secondstep.org by clicking the Go to My Programs button to sign in.
- Visit our website secondstep.org to check for alerts at the top of the home page as unexpected outages will be reported there.
Contact us. We’re here to help!
If these troubleshooting steps don’t resolve the trouble, we’re here to help. You can contact us anytime at email@example.com. You can call us Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Pacific time at 800-634-4449, ext. 1.
Pro-tip: When emailing Client Support, please attach a screenshot so that we can see exactly what you’re experiencing. Below are link to help Windows and Mac users copy their screens:
- 10 ways to take a screenshot on any Windows 10 device (msn.com)
- Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support
Need Immediate SEL Activities?
If you’re still offline and need to teach a lesson, we have some resources available on our COVID-19 support page. The Second Step® Resilience Activities may work well for an immediate need. These short, research-based activities stand on their own and align well to Second Step® programs. You can find them here: www.secondstep.org/covid19support.