We provide student summative knowledge assessments for our Early Learning–Grade 8 SEL Program and Bullying Prevention Unit and make recommendations for research-validated assessments from other organizations to use with our programs. The summative knowledge assessments are available as downloadable PDFs on SecondStep.org, but should not be used as pre- and post-test measures.
Grades EL–5 SEL Program, 2008 Middle School SEL Program, and Bullying Prevention Unit Summative Assessments
2017 Middle School SEL Program Summative Assessments
- Go to your My Dashboard page and click the Middle School link to go to the Middle School landing page.
- Click the Teach tab at the top of the landing page.
- Select one of your existing classes from the grade for which you’d like to download the assessments, OR create a new class in that grade by:
- Clicking Create a New Class
- Choosing your school from the drop-down menu
- Clicking the correct grade
- Giving the class a name
- And then clicking Add Class
- Click the Unit Overview link on the tile for which you’d like an assessment. In the Middle School Program, there is an assessment for each unit.
- Download the assessment from the upper right-hand corner of the unit overview screen.
- Repeat with other units and grades if necessary.