This article applies to license administrators for the following Second Step programs:
- Elementary and Middle School digital programs
- Bullying Prevention Unit (BPU) online training
- Child Protection Unit (CPU) online training
After a setup administrator assigns a site to a license, they become the first license administrator.
As a license administrator, you can now add users as teachers or license administrators and track their progress via a downloadable report found on the User Management page. You can also access the program itself to review and teach lessons (Elementary and Middle School digital programs) or go through online training (Bullying Prevention Unit and Child Protection Unit).
In a future release, a summary view will be available on a Reports tab.
Giving Staff Access
Follow the directions in your notification email. If you didn't receive one, check your Junk/Spam folder. Directions are also listed below:
- Go to secondstep.org
- If you have a Second Step account, log in.
- If you don’t have an account, create one. Click Create Account and complete the User Profile. Click Submit and then Log in.
- Click User Management on your Dashboard.
- Click on the dropdown menu (down arrow) to select the license you wish to add users.
- Click “Add Users.”
- Enter the user’s correct email address (required).
If you are copying and pasting their email address, be sure to delete any blank spaces. If email address is valid, Send Invite button will darken and become usable.
- Enter user’s Name (optional).
- Select user’s role.
- Default role is Teacher.
- If you want to change their role now, use the dropdown menu (down arrow) to select Administrator. Be sure to add a backup license administrator if you are the only one on this license with role Administrator.
- You can Grant admin role later under User Actions.
- Click Send Invite.
- If user has a valid Second Step account, their Status will show Accepted.
- If user hasn’t created a Second Step account (or there is a typo in the email address entered), their Status will show Pending. Once they create an account, their Status will change to Accepted.
Changing User Role from Teacher to Administrator
- In row with the user of interest, click Grant admin role under User Actions. They should receive an license administrator email notification.
Removing a User
- In row with the user of interest, click Remove user under User Actions.
Ready to teach the Second Step Elementary and Second Step Middle School digital programs or start online training for the Bullying Prevention Unit or Child Protection Unit? Click here