I received an email telling me I am a License Administrator. What does that mean?
Once licenses are assigned by a Setup Administrator, that person becomes the first license Administrator who can now add users as Teachers or additional Administrators for each license so that they can access the relevant program or online training. In a future release, Administrators will also be able to track teacher progress through their program or online training via a Reports tab.
Giving Staff Access to Second Step Middle School or Bullying Prevention Unit or Child Protection Unit online Training
If you are an Administrator, follow these steps to give staff access:
- Go to secondstep.org
- If you have a Second Step account, log in.
- If you don’t have an account, create one. Click Create Account and complete the User Profile. Click Submit and then Log in.
- Click User Management on your Dashboard.
- Select the license you wish to assign users by clicking on the dropdown menu (down arrow).
- Click “Invite User.”
- Enter the user’s email address (required).
(Check for accuracy and no blank space after the email address. If email address is valid, Send Invite will darken.)
- Enter user’s Name (optional).
- Select user’s role.
- Default is Teacher. You can Grant admin role later under User Actions.
- If you want to change their role now, use the dropdown menu (down arrow) to select Administrator.
- Click Send Invite.
- If user has a registered Second Step account, their Status will show Accepted.
- If user hasn’t created a Second Step account, their Status will show Pending. Once they create an account, their Status will change to Accepted.
Changing User Role from Teacher to Administrator
- Click Grant admin role under User Actions next to the user with the Teacher role.
Removing a User
- Click Remove user under User Actions next to the user you wish to remove from the license.
Ready to teach the Second Step Middle School Program or start online training for the Bullying Prevention Unit or Child Protection Unit? Click here