Can I add users to a site but notify them later?
Yes! You can add users as Teachers to a site and choose to delay their email notifications. Users added as Administrators will always be notified immediately.
Why would I want to do that?
- You may be setting up access during summer in preparation for the fall but want to notify teachers about their Second Step program access after they've returned from summer vacation, when they'll be using the program.
- You may be setting up the Second Step SEL for Adults program and want to inform staff verbally to build enthusiasm and get buy-in before they receive an email telling them they have access.
How do I delay notifications?
When adding a single or multiple users as Teachers to a site, choose “No, we’ll do this later” before you select the Add User(s) button. You can't delay notifications for Administrator users.
How do I send the notifications later?
- Return to User Management for your site when you want to send your delayed notifications.
- Select Send Invites at the top of your list of users.
- Make the appropriate selection from the options that appear.
- Click Send.